The North Shore Crisis Services Society has been operating SAGE House, a safe transition house, and offering support services for abused women and children on the North Shore for over 40 years. Sadly, the need for our services has not diminished during these four decades.
Through our work, we collaborate with first responders and many other social service providers such as the RCMP, medical professionals and community-based victim service workers.
We provide women and their children with safe shelter, support, referrals and information so they can make informed choices, as well as a 24-hour Women’s Support Line. We strive to empower women to make changes that give them more confidence and hope for a healthier, happier future.
NSCSS is a registered charity that receives funding support from the Government of Canada, District of North Vancouver, City of North Vancouver and District of West Vancouver. NSCSS also relies on community donations and fundraising to support its programs.
Learn more about NSCSS here
Charity Number: BN 10778 4316 RR0001.
NSCSS STATISTICS FOR 2019
SAGE TRANSITION HOUSE AND SAGE & HOPE’S SECOND STAGE:
• 136 women and 122 children were housed
• 550 women and children were turned away
• 243 women and 270 children accessed our community programs (Outreach, Multicultural Outreach, Homeless Prevention Program and Adolescent & Children’s Empowerment programs)
• 3,110 support calls
GOOD STUFF CONNECTION CLOTHING PROGRAM AND THRIFT STORE:
• 12,776 bags and boxes of clothing and small household items were donated
• 427 adults and 264 children used clothing gift certificates to shop for free at GSC